Some one asked me how many embedded/schematic designs can you create with the application using online EDA tool circuit tree? I wanted to run through some numbers to state the combinations of circuits which can be generated.
Let us list some of the options:
- Power supply input can be varied 5.25V to 22V in steps of whatever you like. We will take 1V steps which makes the power supply combination to be approximate no of 16
- The imx6 from the universe will produce 4374 combinations based on different interfaces which can be selected. Also we will assume that only one interface is selected at a time.
- The total number of combinations of circuit which can be generated for imx6 are 69984.
- We now have 4 additional processors whose number of circuit generation combinations will be less than imx6. The sum total of all 5 processors in free tool will roughly increase beyond 100000 combinations.
What else is left out from our rough calculations:
- In imx6 , stm32f407 and atmel same70q functionality pins are multiplexed on different pins and have lots of options through which the pin selection can change.
- Components selected for discrete, clock, reset etc.
But why are we running numbers to you? Even though these numbers are huge for this small feature set, we are capable enough to generate each unique design reliably and take care of millions or more combinations which generate with the full library options we provide.
To know the latest list of components and processors in our application and to generates schematic and PCB placement please login into the backend site.
Team Circuit Tree
Circuit tree is a online platform to generate a embedded design schematic and PCB placement using a easy to use editor with online library components. The hardware compiler generates the design in minutes and we have used the platform to generate thousands of designs and schematics. Whenever a schematic is generated for a given set of requirements, the application output always surprises and baffles us with something new. We get excited to see the generated output as we in no way control
- Component selection unless pre-selected from requirement page.
- Pin mux selection of the processor
- Power and its sequencing, clock, reset generation on the board
- Schematic Symbol generation
- Circuit connections on board
- Schematic Page creation.
This is the amount of variability the application has. This unconstrained output is however tested thoroughly before the schematic is displayed.
Continuing with the above thought we would like to share some of the most dynamic schematic connections generated so that you can understand that each created design is unique and the effort we have invested to ensure that the designs delivered to you are correct.
For this discussion we will be using the hardware compilers and its library components.
- When visiting stm32f407 look out how the usb connections are generated. Some of the requirements pictures are posted below in the figure. Also you can select ulpi and try exploring these pages too.
USB requirement for stm32f407
- When using imx6 controller select rgmii/rmii/mii interface in ethernet or try pcie implementation. Look how the power sequencing takes places when rgmii phy with two power up voltage steps and imx6 with four power up ramp up steps ramp with with the remaining circuit.
- When using the atmel same70 controller check how the usb connections vary based on the host or device requirement. Here is the final twister. Atmel microcontrollers requires that vddio supply should be above 3.0V when usb connections are being used. Use the atmel_same70q_example1 to commit requirement when
- Usb block is present
- Usb block is deleted from the requirement page
There are lot more interesting ways in which the circuit changes and we enjoy exploring these creations. Keep exploring and don’t forget to share your feedback about the application.
We have many more designs to prove that the circuit tree hardware compiler out there. Visit our github directory to know more about the automated design deliverables.