The reference designs provided by semiconductor companies are already proven and are used as a reference for most of the design. However the reference designs cater to a fixed functionality only. Using a existing design and modifying it is not always straightforward. Try adding /changing components in the design to see the effort it takes.
With circuit tree you get the benefit of reduced time to market and flexibility to change design on the fly and generating it with a reduced time to design.
The application is designed for desktop only. In addition it is highly recommended that google chrome is used even though the application has been tested to work with mozilla also.
There are several benefits:
1. We can easily integrate with documentation team and have models created right at silicon launch.
2. Your Customers can quickly create designs as per there requirement with circuit tree with less support work for the application team.
3. It benefits your board team as they can use the circuit tree platform to create design quickly by deleting a old processor and adding the new processor model.
4. Different form factor boards can be easily created with circuit tree.
Currently we are not offering design solutions for:
- ADC, DAC, Timer pins. The ADC and DAC’s can be defined later if the demand exists
- RF design are not currently supported by the tool.
- Analog filters etc are not currently supported by the tool.
- Programmable logic such as FPGA and CPLD can be added only with a xml file in circuit tree. This feature is not supported in the tool yet.
You can request your parts/libraries to be added in the design by dropping us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the request part button to enter the details over a form in the requirement editor.
Part Libraries can be also added in circuit tree by providing us data in circuit tree defined xml format.
Our component databases rely on certain API to know the part status. If the part status change we remove the component from the library. We ensure that all the recommended parts are in stock at most leading stores.
Errata check is still done manually by us.
Timing calculations : Yes. In the beta version of the application the layout help document contains the the various signal and clock routing constraints for peripheral connections. For reset, power generation and distribution timing calculations are done to ensure that it meets the circuit requirement. It does not generate separate timing information in any document.
Pre-Signal integrity information: No. It is highly recommended that the pre signal integrity analysis be performed on the design generated by application.
We have a seperate verification engine which checks for the design connections on the board. Be it inter components connections, pull ups, power connections, interface IO selection etc are checked by the application.
Typically in a design of embedded board the engineer follows these steps to create a reliable design:
- Decides on the processor
- Capture requirements
- Decides peripherals and does component selection
- Check processor pin muxing option.
- Processor Boot up / Peripheral component bootstrap pin connection strategy
- Power estimation/ Power Sequence
- Resets and clock distribution strategy
- Generate and verify schematics
- Bill of material/ Layout help document.
These steps are sequential and take time and effort to implement. It is a lot of hard work and any issues/change in requirements will require engineer to keep circling in the flow.
Creating a hardware design with circuit tree is easy.
- Any processor hardware design can be created in a minute. The tool captures the processor and peripheral related information and follows the flow above to generate the design in a minute.
- The generated design is checked by a verification engine which checks the generated connections through list of rules.
- Any changes in the processor or components to be used in the existing design is very simple to make.
- The application can output the schematics , libraries and layout footprints in popular tool vendors